Salaries & Benefits
The Duke Family Medicine program offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Salaries 2015 - 2016
First Year - $52,284
Second Year - $54,408
Third Year - $56,508
- Competitive Salaries
- Malpractice Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Hospital Coats Provided
- Free Parking at the Hospital
- Free 24-hour access to Fitness Facility adjacent to the Hospital
- Fees paid for ACLS, BLS, NALS, PALS and ATLS
- Travel Fund for Away Rotations for Second and Third Year Residents
- Resident membership in AAFP & NCAFP
- Other discounts for local services
Vacation and Leave
- Three week of vacation per year
- Six personal/sick days per year (all time away from residency training must be in compliance with the American Board of Family Medicine "Absence from Residency" policy found online)
"I looked for a program that could help me develop into a leader for the future of family medicine. Duke's commitment to innovations in the profession and focus on population health tied in perfectly with their supportive faculty and academic resources. They have encouraged me to grow into the kind of family doctor that I have always dreamed to be - an advocate for my patients, a leader in my community, and an active voice for the profession. I couldn't be happier with my choice"
Aaron George, DO
"Duke Family Medicine provides an exciting and stimulating learning environment for family physicians who envision a new paradigm for health care delivery. In addition to training skilled clinicians, a supportive faculty and administration allows residents to explore the meanings of community-oriented primary care and to become part of a movement seeking to address health disparities and barriers to quality care.
Kavita Patel, MD