To be considered for an interview, students or graduates from an LCME accredited medical school must:
- Be scheduled for graduation in 2016, or have graduated from an allopathic or osteopathic medical school in 2013, 2014 or 2015.
- Have a passing score on Step I of USMLE (MD candidates) or COMLEX (DO candidates) or equivalent Canadian licensing examinations.
- Be eligible to work in the United States: US Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder, Asylee, Refugee, etc.). The program does not provide visa sponsorship.
- Meet residency technical standards Click Here to Download.
- Meet employment eligibility requirements for Duke University Hospital GME trainees
A complete ERAS application is required, including:
- Curriculum Vita (CV)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty who have directly supervised clinical performance. At least one letter should be from a family physician
- Medical school transcript(s)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- USMLE , COMLEX or Canadian licensing exam scores
Preferences for interview are given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate leadership
- Have participated in community service activities
- Are dedicated to Family Medicine as a career path
All incoming residents are required to have passed USMLE Steps I & II (both CS & CK) or equivalent before beginning residency at Duke.
The Duke Family Medicine program reserves the right to limit interviews and to change the above requirements.